Satellite Navigation Engineering intern
nr ref. 1295
Miasto: Madryt - Tres Cantos
We are looking for a student keen to work in satellite navigation engineering. The selected candidate will join the magicGNSS R&D team, helping to design, develop and verify future Galileo-based positioning services.
In this role the successful candidate will be involved in several activities (e.g., defining, implementing and testing navigation algorithms, products and features).
Employing over 200 engineers and with 30+ years of experience behind it, GMV’s navigation department is one of Europe’s main think tanks for development and implementation of Europe’s satnav systems EGNOS and Galileo, for development and operation of GNSS Service Centers and leader of the high-precision positioning solution for cutting-edge applications like autonomous driving.
Duties will include the following:
- Define, plan and carry out field campaigns (in and outside the lab) for commercial receivers and other navigation devices (e.g., inertial sensors).
- Weigh up the field campaign results, inputting comments and liaising with Algorithms Research and Algorithms Performance teams.
- Definition and validation of GNSS reference receivers
- Participate in the definition of upgrades of GMV’s reference station network. Liaise between the high-precision positioning system and the owner of the network product.
- Collaborate with the points of contact for manufacturers in the Division of Algorithms, GNSS Services and Products.
- Support GNSS device procurement activities.
- Qualification: Master’s Degree in telecommunications, physics, mathematics or similar.
- Level of English: Expert
- Technical Knowledge:
- Desirable Knowledge:
- Script language
- Systems engineering
- GNSS algorithms
- Satellite navigation