sae-r affords its users high added-value functions. Some of its most notable features are:
- Permanent and accurate fleet tracking based on GPS, odometers and balises.
- Permanent and redundant real-time communication between vehicles and the control center with the following technologies enabled: TETRA, Wi-Fi, mobile (up to 4G/LTE), GSM-R or satellite.
- Two-way audio and text communications between the driver’s cab and control center
- Adjustment functions according to schedule and frequency and aid in decision-making
- Interface for integrations based on XML or proprietary protocols with other corporate systems like CTC, SCADA at the control center.
- Onboard integration with rolling stock items through interfaces like Ethernet, serial ports, CAN, MVB, IBIS, etc.
- Onboard signal- and device-monitoring:
- Technical alarms.
- Connection with the rolling stock diagnosis system.
- Driving-quality monitoring.
- Generation of contents for passenger information systems and internet-based distribution through different onboard and in-station channels.