radiance THE FIRST INTRAOPERATIVE RADIATION THERAPY (IORT) PLANNER
Intraplan radiance® boosts IORT* safety levels, affording a simulated visualization of the treatment result. The surgeon can adjust parameters to achieve the required result without having to make decisions under pressure during the actual operation. It has now been taken up by referral hospitals in Europe, the Middle East and the USA.
* Intraoperative radiation therapy (IORT) consists of direct irradiation of the tumor or tumor bed during the actual surgical operation. This technique allows administration of a high dose of radiation to the zone affected by the cancer without harming the surrounding healthy tissue, which receives only a minimum dose. It is especially effective for tumors that cannot be removed by surgery or of difficult resection. It can also be used as a prophylactic measure, in the form of single radiotherapeutic treatment or as reinforcement after complete resection. It has been used to treat all the following cancers: colorectal, gynecological, genitourinary, pancreas and gastrointestinal, brain, lung, metastasis in vertebrae and sarcomas on limbs.
PERFORMANCE FEATURES FOR CLINICIANS:
- Treatment safety due to visualization of the radiation dose received by the tumor or tumor bed and by the organs of risk.
- Personalization of the treatment.
- Recording of the dose in the treatment zone, as required by international standards and national legislations.
- The simulation enables various surgical and radiotherapeutic strategies to be addressed, facilitating the choice of the best option.
- It also has a training component that helps in adoption of the technique and assessment of highly complex cases.
radiance has enabled GMV to strike up commercial partnerships with leading firms of the healthcare market like Carl Zeiss Meditec AG and IntraOp Medical Corporation:
- Incorporated into INTRABEAM® of Carl Zeiss Meditec AG, a device for applying intraoperative radiotherapy with low-energy X-ray photons, greatly increasing the effectiveness of the administered radiation dose in comparison to high-energy photons.
- Mobetron®, of IntraOp Medical Corporation, electron-beam intraoperative radiotherapy equipment that allows high radiotherapy doses to be administered to areas of only a few centimeters, quickly reducing the dose afterwards.
The two appliances, Intrabeam and Mobetron, account between them for the bulk of installed intraoperative radiotherapy systems.
[ Corporate Brochure ] English only
[ White Paper ] English only
Radiance is not approved or offered in every market and approved labeling and instructions may vary from one country to another. For country-specific product information, see the appropriate country website. Product specifications are subject to change in design and scope of delivery as a result of ongoing technical development.