magicSBAS PERMANENT TESTBEDS
Several permanent magicSBAS testbeds are currently being operated in support to different projects and for internal R&D purposes:
- Real-time magicSBAS testbed in Europe: This testbed is used to test some potential improvements in the EGNOS processing algorithms. The current version under test shows a large improvement of the EGNOS service area, in particular over the Atlantic Ocean, providing full coverage over Azores, Madeira and the Canary Islands, as well as over eastern European countries.
- Real-time magicSBAS testbed in South Africa: This testbed demonstrates the potential SBAS performance over South Africa. EGNOS like algorithms have been configured in this testbed. This testbed proves that it is possible to provide SBAS augmentation over a small region with a reduced network of reference stations.
- Real-time magicSBAS testbed in Australia & New Zealand: This testbed demonstrates the potential SBAS performance over Australia and New Zealand. EGNOS like algorithms have been configured in this testbed.
- Real-time magicSBAS testbed in Caribbean, Central and South America: This testbed incorporates a number of improvements in the processing algorithms in order to deal with the extreme ionospheric conditions that can be found in the region, in particular over Brazil. Note that the testbed provides very good coverage well beyond the coast over the Atlantic Ocean.
- These testbeds do not provide an operational service and the performance depends on the availability of real data from local stations available in the different regions. The primary use of these testbeds is for R&D and support to ongoing SBAS projects.
- The real-time message is also accessible through the internet in ESA's SISNET format. Should anyone is interested in accessing the SBAS messages generated in those regions, please contact us to obtain directions to do it.
- In case you are interested in testing the potential performance of a wide area augmentation solution over a given territory, please contact us.