focussuite matool: Station-keeping and collocation mission analysis TOOL for GEO satellite control strategy evaluation
matool evaluates the performance of your station keeping and collocation strategy in terms of the evolution and safety of the orbital elements during a simulated time period.
- Evaluation of inclination control strategy (N/S) and drift/eccentricity control strategy (E/W).
- Strategy performance in terms of safety and ∆V required
- Performance of these strategies is evaluated through simulation of the expected orbit determination errors and thrusters behavior (thrust-to-thrust, cross-coupling…).
- Planning future maneuvers needed by satellite
- Relative visibility between satellites
- Analysis and feasibility of collocation strategies for several satellites in the same orbital slot.
- Verification of the restrictions associated with the control window.
- Verification of safety constraints (minimum inter-satellite distance and separation angles).
matool includes several functionalities for the evaluation of a particular strategy:
- - Automatic Monte Carlo Analysis based on the proposed modeling errors
- - Automatic Collocation parameters determination depending on the cluster characteristics
- - Generic Maneuver Calibration avoiding dependencies on a particular platform.
- - Swapping direction between North & South
- - Independent station keeping cycle for EW and NS maneuvers
- - Maneuver splitting for North/South thrust
- - Free Inclination drift management (no inclination control strategy)
- - Ionic versus Chemical propulsion analysis
- - Mass Evolution computation
- - Lifetime estimation
Customers: EUTELSAT, HISPASAT, SkyPerfect JSAT, SS/L (Space Systems Loral), SES New Skies, Turksat, Optus, ESA/ESTEC, Worldspace, INTELSAT, Orbital Sciences Corporation, Star One, Hisdesat, MEASAT, OSC (Orbital Science Corporation), SkyPerfect JSAT y MELCO (Mitshubishi Electrics Corporation).