FOCUSOC SERVICE TERMS
WHAT IS focusoc?
GMV’s focusoc operations center provides safety of flight services for GEO, LEO and MEO satellites based on the augmentation of the services currently provided by JSpOC.
Based on a SSA Data Sharing Agreement signed between USSTRATCOM and GMV, focusoc service provides:
- Access to SP (Special Perturbations) accurate catalogue UNCLASS from www.space-track.org
- Possibility to exploit it to generate derived products & services
- Products & services available to satellite operators in agreement with USSTRATCOM
Conjunction Assessment (CA) & Collision Avoidance (COLA) services overcomes most of the issues identified on the free-of-charge services from JSpOC:
- Use of GMV’s operational focuscloseap tool with satellite operator’s orbits Vs JSpOC SP catalogue. focuscloseap can be used either as a tool, managed by the operator or as a service managed by GMV.
- Simplification of iterative process for COLA manoeuvre planning by avoiding having JSpOC in the loop for all screenings. Automated regular screenings against operational orbits, including SK and COLA manoeuvres.
- JSpOC SP catalogue is downloaded and propagated to extend its validity up to 2 weeks in order to anticipate upcoming CDMs, reducing urgency of operations
- If needed, data collection for orbit refinement and risk reassessment from a large set of collaborating telescopes worldwide
EXTENDED ACCURATE SP CATALOGUE
GMV’s has developed a method for enlarging the accurate JSpOC SP catalogue in a daily basis. The extended catalogue after this processing spans up to 15 days, allowing focusoc to perform accurate long term predictions of possible conjunctions. In order to demonstrate the accuracy of this enlarged SP catalogue, a series of accuracy checks have been performed on the extended SP catalogue:
- Collection of optical data from 20+ telescopes from ISON network between Nov’17 and Jan’18 (~50 days)
- 10 reference inactive objects selected: 7 GEOs + 3 GTOs
- 50 days fits in GEO and 15 days fits in GTO (more complex dynamics)
- Excellent OD solutions (RA/Dec residuals RMS for all telescopes ~1 arcsec ≈ ~200m RMS in perpendicular plane to line-of-sight) compared to GMV’s SP catalogue for 15 days propagation with accuracies within few hundreds of metres in 15 days achieved
- Main errors in along-track direction, low radial errors
focuscloseap FOR CA & COLA
focuscloseap is GMV’s operational COTS collision risk assessment tool part of GMV’s focussuite Flight Dynamics solution already present in a large number of telecom operators.
- focuscloseap performs all Conjuncton Analysis operations for your fleet
- Includes middle-man processing (CDM handling)
- Generation of detailed plots for expert analysis
- Multiple sources of orbital information
- Generation of internal CDMs and summary reports
For more information, please visit focuscosleap web site: (https://www.gmv.com/en/Products/focussuite/products/focuscloseap/).
focusoc KEY FEATURES
COST-EFFECTIVE SOLUTION based on the exploitation of the accurate JSpOC SP catalogue.
AUTOMATED EXECUTION every 24 hours in order to have frequent updates of the situational awareness of the satellites and in line with the frequency of update of the SP catalogue by JSpOC
POSSIBILITY TO PERFORM ON DEMAND ANALYSIS when required by the user, focusoc provides inmediate evolution of the risk of a given conjunction event
MANNED SUPPORT AVAILABLE on a daily basis (e-mail and phone) by a dedicated team with a large experience in Space Surveillance and Tracking and Flight Dynamics
COLLISION RISK ASSESSMENT AND WARNING Including the submission of high risk conjunction and CDM, together with the conjunction detection daily report.
CHARACTERIZATION of close-conjunction events, including the computation of the collision probability.
CONJUNCTION ANALYSIS PROCESS STORAGE of results in a dedicated database, accessible through ftp
OPS VS SP ORBIT DAILY REPORT: In a daily basis, focusoc will send a report including the comparison of operator’s orbits Vs the same orbit as computed by JSpOC in the SP catalogue. This comparison in an excellent method to detect unexpected biases in the orbit determination process.
ANALYSES HIGH-INTEREST EVENTS by means of dedicated tracking campaign (on demand), using telescopes and radars and collision avoidance manoeuvres performance analysis
CALIBRATION OF OPERATOR-PROVIDED TRACKING DATA including notification of orbital biases and calibration of biases by focusoc.
TELESCOPE AND RADAR NETWORKS. The solution proposed by GMV for the refinement of high risk conjunctions is based on the availability of a varying and flexible number of third party telescopes and radars data providers
focusoc is continuously incorporating new features and capabilities in order to improve this collision avoidance services. Based on the feedback provided by focusoc users, GMV has defined a roadmap for the future updates that will be incorporated to the service in the following months:
focusoc web based dashboard. This front-end will allow users to have a closer and more powerful interaction with the service especially for plotting and reporting capabilities.
Consistency checks on the SP ephemeris: GMV will perform regular and systematic consistency checks of all SP catalogue orbits, based on the comparison of last updated SP ephemeris and the long-term predictions performed as part of the SP extension process.
Incorporation of additional plots and reports to the daily conjunction report, including miss distance evolution Vs time of detection, covariance ellipsoids in 2D and 3D.