focusleop is a member of GMV's focussuite and brings to satellite operators a solution to the domain of flight dynamics operation in the transfer of geostationary satellites to their final operational orbit. focusleop is a completely integrated application that provides full flight dynamics operational support for the Launch and Early Orbit Phase (LEOP) of Geostationary satellites through an unsurpassed collection of mission independent and mission specific functionality that brings to satellite operators a perfect combination of professional off-the-shelf solutions with the flexibility and customer focus of a world leading supplier of flight dynamics custom solutions. It also integrates mission analysis tools, i.e. launch window computation, MonteCarlo analysis of the transfer strategy,… The focusleop computational layer is based on ESA´s NAPEOS technology.
focusleop has been already used operationally by EUTELSAT.
Supported Satellite Platforms
- Thales Alenia Space's Spacebus 4000
- Astrium's Eurostar 3000
Flight Dynamics Functions Supported by focusleop
Mission Independent Functions
- Ingestion of Solar Flux Data and Earth Orientation
Modules in charge of ingesting in the system the Solar flux data , Earth Orientation parameters and leap seconds information generated by External Agencies.
Mission Dependent Functions
- Generation of timeline of operations for the transfer orbit
- Generation of telecommands to support satellite operations in the transfer orbit:
- Earth Acquisition
- Execution of transfer maneuvers
- Attitude slew maneuvers
- Generation of telecommands to support satellite operations in the station acquisition orbit:
- Final Earth Acquisition
- Execution of station keeping maneuvers
- On-board propagator initialization
- Pre-Processing of Tracking Data
This module ingests and pre-process input tracking data (range, range-rate, azimuth and elevation). It ingests the raw tracking data, soothes, reduces it, and applies calibration.
- Orbit Determination and Maneuver Estimation
This module provides estimations of the spacecraft orbit that are more accurate than the predictions generated from previous orbit reconstructions.
A sequential orbit determination module is also integrated.
- Orbit Propagation
This module computes the evolution of an orbit forward and backward in time. It supports the propagation of impulsive and long maneuvers. The force model used by this module is fully configurable by the operator. The algorithms and models have been implemented to make the system compliant with the latest recommendations of the International Earth Rotation Service (IERS) standards.
- Events Generation: this module generates the geometrical events:
- Ascending and descending node crossing times.
- Apogee and Perigee crossing times
- Umbra and penumbra crossing times of Earth and Moon eclipses
- Sun and Moon AOS/LOS for a Sun sensor
- Sun and Moon AOS/LOS for an Earth sensor
- Sun-Satellite-Earth Colinearity
- Sun-Satellite-Station Colinearity
- Station visibilities
- Satellite local time
- Antenna Pointing Elements
A set of modules are available to generate antenna pointing elements in different formats.
- Two Line Elements (TLE) Management
A set of modules are available providing the following functionalities:
- Ingestion of NORAD TLE database and generation of internal orbit file for the requested satellite.
- Generation of satellite TLE set
- Transfer Strategy Design and Maneuver Optimization: The following modules are integrated:
- Initial Guess Computation: it allows identifying optimal transfer orbit strategies for geostationary satellites. It implements an algorithm able to identify possible transfer strategy fulfilling the constraints (i.e., stations visibility, maneuver duration, transfer duration,…) introduced by the operator.
- Maneuver Optimization: it performs a full optimization of the transfer strategy using a full propagation model. The optimization is done from the separation point up to the on-station longitude. It provides the optimal apogee/perigee maneuvers to be done and an estimation of the station acquisition maneuvers to be done.
- Launch Window Computation: This module computes the launch windows for the optimized transfer strategy taking into account the timeline of operations and the mission and satellite constraints introduced by the operator.
- MonteCarlo Analysis of the transfer analysis: this module performs a MonteCarlo analysis of the optimized transfer strategy taking into account all possible dispersions (injection errors, maneuver execution errors,…).
- Station Acquisition
A set of modules are integrated allowing the operator to plan the maneuvers to be executed in the station acquisition phase: inclination correction maneuvers, drift reduction maneuvers and station keeping initialization maneuvers.
- Other functionalities
Data management functionalities are integrated:
- Reports Generation: information to be included in the reports can be configured by the user (including graphics)
- Automatic ingestion of satellite manufacturer Satellite Parameter Book (XML format)
- Data export to XML files: the data to be exported can be configured by the user.