PA & Intercom Features
PA & Intercom is a tried and tested system that has been set up in various onboard environments. Some of its outstanding features are:
- Multiple audio sources: digital from a contents server or analog from devices connected up to the amplifiers, allowing the broadcasting of different contents for each wagon. The contents can be loaded in the train through Wi-Fi, Ethernet and USB.
- Priority management for the different types of public address and intercoms
- Completely digital architecture; all system components are connected up through the train’s Ethernet. As backup the equipment is also connected to the UIC568 network (or as primary connection in default of an Ethernet)
- Intercom points for the crew and passengers are installed throughout the train where considered necessary. The architecture design sets no limits on these elements.
- The whole system equipment is certified under the European standards EN50155, EN50121-3-2, EN61373.
- The automatic travel announcements can be tripped autonomously through the connection with any tracking system (GPS, RFID or balises)
- Management of the public address and intercom system is centralized in the driver’s cab through a console with an intuitive and user-friendly interface.
The PA & Intercom system can be installed as a standalone or integrated with other train systems supplied by GMV or other companies: advanced fleet-management systems (sae-r), passenger information systems (INFO-pass) or CCTV (DV-rec).