Space Debris engineer
Experience: 1-2 years
GMV is now looking for a space debris engineer. You’ll have the chance to work with a talented, young and international team at ESA Space Debris Office performing tasks related to:
- Provide input to the ESA's project procurement process and participate in follow through of the activities on request by the SST segment manager
- Contribute to the management of workplan and other SST industrial activities
- Assume delegated management responsibilities in the process
- Provide support to the SST Segment Manager for the development and definition of plans
- Support the organisation, preparation, and close-out of projects
- Interface with the SSA IT group where this intersects the deployment and operation of SST-related IT infrastructure and software
- Represent the SST segment in coordination meetings to realise the Space Debris Monitoring needs through coordinating technical work with activities in other ESA units.
- Support SST outreach activities
- Support the technical management of activities listed in the work plan, as well as under different (co-)funding schemes
- Support the International Standards Development
Quite challenging, right?
- Academic degree: relevant university degrees in the field of either astronomy, mathematics, engineering, or physics
- Level of English: Advanced
- Technical knowledge:
- Skills to apply knowledge to develop solutions to technical (mathematical and dynamical) problems in cooperation with customers and other experts
- Ability to define, implement, validate and operate software which applies to the above solutions (using at least Linux scripting languages, Fortran, C++, Python)
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Coordinate and interact with other service providers in associated fields as well as (internal and external) customers of service providers
- Ability to work independently, but communicate effectively and efficiently within a larger team.
- Be familiar/experienced with Space Surveillance and Tracking tasks
- Experience in dealing with external interfaces
- Experience with Linux, network services and protocols, and system administration
- Ability to multi-task efficiently; working on multiple activities; multiple missions simultaneously.
- Demonstrated experience in working in, ideally in managing, geographically distributed multi-national project teams.
- Experience in work package and project management tools and methods, ideally in the ESA and SSA context.