GNSS Operations Manager
Experience: 6-10 years
Country: The Netherlands
The primary mission of the GRC (Galileo Reference Center) is to perform independent monitoring of the Galileo Open Service and the Commercial Service data dissemination performance, providing the European GNSS Agency (GSA) with independent means of evaluating the performance of the Galileo Service Operator (GSOp) and the quality of the signals in space.
GMV is in charge of the GRC Operations, carried out in the GRC building, located in Noordwijk. The operational activities of the GRC Operations Team, include the generation of products and reports showing the performance of different GNSS systems, focusing on the Galileo System, but including also other constellations (GPS, Glonass, Beidou).
The GRC Operations Team is not only performing routine operations, but also carrying out dedicated analyses. Although the main development is carried out from Madrid, the GRC Operations Team located onsite is also enhancing the reporting scripts and developing the necessary tools to perform the required analysis.
The GRC Operations Manager´s main responsibility is to lead the GRC Operations Team, coordinating all the activities in order to fulfil the customer´s and operational needs, while also acting as the formal interface with the GSA.
Additionally, GMV is also responsible for hosting activities within the GRC building. It is also the responsibility of the GRC Operations Manager to coordinate these activities, interacting with the local contractor company.
In summary, the GRC Operations Manager responsibilities are:
- Coordination of GRC Operations Team
- GRC interface with external entities and GSA
- Support requirement management
- Attendance of Non-conformance Review Boards
- Hosting Services related activities.
- Refinement of the GRC Operation Procedures
- Academic degree: Bachelor Degree in Engineering (Computer Science, Telecom or similar)
- Level of English: Advanced
- Technical knowledge:
- System operations (automated and manual)
- Knowledge of procedures (development, implementation and application)
- Knowledge of GNSS (systems and data processing)
- Expertise with Linux, network services and protocols, and computer peripherals
- Desirable knowledge:
- Experience in the Galileo Program
- Experience in Galileo Data Processing
- Knowledge or interest in GNSS algorithms and SW development
- Experience with operations of GNSS receivers
- Proficient in Unix or Linux, shell scripting languages, C and/or C++