Ground Segment System Engineer
Experience: 6-10 years
City: Madrid - Tres Cantos
GMV is currently responsible for maintenance and upgrading of Galileo’s Ground Control Segment (GCS), which controls the whole Galileo constellation. These functions include control and supervision of the satellites, their payload, the planning and automation functions that ensure safe and correct operations and the support of payload operations during control-station uplinks and telemetry, tracking and control.
The successful candidate will join the Galileo GCS engineering team, in charge of designing and running the GCS.
The main duties are System design (including hardware, software and virtualization architectures)
- System upgrades (R&D)
- Requirement management
- Generation and maintenance of engineering documentation (design, interfaces, plans, requirements, technical notes...)
- Technical support for other members of the GCS team (subcontractors, cybersecurity, integration and deployment...)
- Liaison with client (European Space Agency) and subcontractors (in Europe), including help with reviews, performance/supervision of formal testing milestones, etc.
- Depending on background experience and expertise, there are various roles and responsibilities available.
- Qualification: Higher Telecommunications/IT engineer or similar
- Level of English: Advanced
- Technical knowledge:
- Experience in requirement management
- Experience in system engineering
- Experience in the design of hardware/software/virtualization solutions
- Experience in the design of ground segments/elements
- Desirable Knowledge:
- Standards: ECSS, Galileo SW Standards
- IT expertise (hardware, networks and software technologies)
- System design tools (e.g. Enterprise architect)
- Requirement management tools: DOORs