Flight Dynamics Operations engineers
Experience: 1-2 years
GMV is a top supplier of flight dynamics solutions and helps ESA in Darmstadt (ESOC) operate their unique fleet of Science and Earth Observation satellites. Join a wonderful and successful company and help to fly the most spectacular satellites made in Europe.
Typical tasks will include:
- Determine satellite orbit and attitude
- Determine satellite target trajectory
- Generate commands for the AOCS satellite
- Independently test and validate the above!
- Develop and maintain ESA´s in-house flight dynamics software tools
- Academic degree: MSc aerospace, mathematics or physics
- Level of English: Advanced
- Technical knowledge:
University degree in aerospace engineering, mathematics or physics. Fluent in English Classical mechanics, including:
- Kinematics and dynamics of point masses,
- Dynamics of rigid bodies,dynamics expressed in non-inertial reference frames, e.g. including dynamics in rotating frames
- Rotation dynamics expressed in body-fixed frame,
- Conservation laws in mechanics,
- Gravitational forces and field,
- Orbit dynamics, Keplerian orbits and Kepler laws.
- Solving problems via analytical mechanics methods (e.g. Lagrangian formulation)
Linear algebra, in particular different representations of rotation in 3D, thus including the representation of S/C attitude (cosine direction matrix, Euler symmetric parameters/quaternions, Euler-angles...)
Calculus in one or several variables.
Numerical methods for:
- Equations solving
- Integration of differential equations
- Function approximation and interpolation
- Linear algebra problems
- Software programming in C++ or Python
- Unix/Linux scripting