Columbus Ground Operations Engineer
Experience: 3-5 years
We are looking for a Ground Operations Engineer to work on monitoring of the ground computer and network systems and related (data, voice video) services.
This includes execution of real-time configuration changes, troubleshooting and lead of corrective maintenance during real-time and simulation operations. Single point of contact for Ground Segment related issues with all external agencies in support of real-time operations, simulation and test activities. Generation, maintenance and validation of operational, system and test procedures. Verification and testing of new and modified systems and interfaces, internally and with remote sites in the United States, Russia and throughout Europe. Documentation of activities, configuration changes and anomalies (activity logs, test reports, anomaly reports, etc.). Acquisition of in-depth knowledge of specific subsystems and provision of basic training to team members. Definition of configurations and setups for forthcoming activities, in coordination with the Ground Operations Planner and Columbus Control Center (Col-CC) subsystem engineers.
Academic degree: Degree in scientific or technical field
Level of English: Advanced
- Tele-communications and Network Engineering
- Computer knowledge (Linux and Windows)
- German would be an asset
- Ability to apply logical thought processes in analyzing and troubleshooting complex systems
- Ability to work under stress
- Ability to understand, prioritize and filter several audio sources simultaneously
- Willingness to work a 3-shift system, including nights and holidays
- Good teamworking and communication-skills
- Willingness to travel, sometimes on short-notice, albeit infrequently