Datacenter Operations Engineer
Experience: 3-5 years
- Daily monitoring of the datacenter, analysis and reporting of operational anomalies.
- Responding to user queries received by the user service helpdesk regarding datacenter services.
- Test automation of the datacenter system fixes and upgrades.
- Conducting the testing of the datacenter services.
- Development of datacenter tools for monitoring, for reporting and to improve the usability of datacenter services.
- Academic degree: Bachelor of Science
- Level of English: Advanced
- Technical knowledge:
- Scripting (e.g. Python, bash)
- C/C++ programming & GNU toolset
- SW engineering
- SW Development Environment (Eclipse)
- In-depth understanding of Unix/Linux
- Experience in relational databases and SQL
- Java, Java script
- Understanding of an operations environment supporting system analysis and user support issues
- Configuration Management systems (SVN, GIT...)
- Desirable knowledge:
- Documentation preparation
- HADOOPP, DOORS
- Experience with using tools such as IDV, MciDAS-V, IDL and THREDDS.
- Meteorological data formats such as NetCDF, HDF, BUFR, GRIB.
- Testing processes and using test tools