Space-missions software engineer (Java)
Experience: 6-10 years
City: Madrid - Tres Cantos
We at GMV are now looking for an aerospace software engineer to work in particular on space-mission control systems (e.g. satellites, probes, rovers) and ground control applications for institutions like the European Space Agency and EUMETSAT.
You will be joining a young, talented and international working group developing new control center infrastructures at European level. This will give you the chance to learn the associated technology (OSGi, Apache Karaf, Eclipse RCP, Java 8, EMF...) and work in a multifunctional and distributed Scrum team.
Are you up for the challenge?
- Qualification: IT engineering or similar
- Level of English: Advanced
- Technical knowledge:
- Software engineering
- Java programming
- Development tools: Eclipse, Jenkins, Sonar, Maven, Nexus…
- Design patterns
- Desirable knowledge:
- Development of desktop type user interfaces in Java
- Eclipse RCP
- Testing tools: Junit, Mockito, SWTbot
- Peopleware and agile management