Software engineer with experience in payload data processing systems (PDGS) for earth observation satellites
Experience: 3-5 years
To provide on-site software maintenance support for EUMETSAT PDGS Data Processing operations for Copernicus Sentinel-3 satellites.
Task and Responsibilities:
- Design and review system upgrades and configuration changes
- Correct software anomalies
- Verify and deploy software patches and new releases
- Participate in the on-call rota
Minimum of three years’ working experience in maintaining and engineering upgrades of payload data processing software systems for earth observation satellites.
Experience in one of the following areas:
- Software development lifecycles
- Software debugging and profiling tools (e.g. GDB, DBX, IBM Purify, Valgrind);
- Source code control systems, preferably Subversion and CVS
- S/W testing, unit test suite maintenance, automated testing, verification and validation.
- Scripting languages (Python, Perl, Tcl/Tk, shell)
- Programming and usage of IDL/ENVI
- Writing technical documentation
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualification in a relevant engineering discipline
Level of English: