Hardware and software technician for space projects
Experience: 3-5 years
City: Madrid - Tres Cantos
GMV is looking for a highly motivated hardware and software specialist for the development and upgrading of the Spanish Space Surveillance and Tracking (S3T) system. This system, representing Spain’s contribution to the European Union’s space debris program, warns satellite operators of possible collisions involving satellites.
The successful candidate will have the chance of working in engineering activities for the development of Spain’s SST system, developed and operated by GMV for the Industrial Technology Development Center (CDTI in Spanish initials). The specific tasks to be carried out range from upgrades of hardware and network infrastructure to development and deployment of production software in the SST Operations Center in Torrejón, Spain.
These tasks will allow you to:
- Improve your knowhow of system development and operation in the institutional space sector
- Understand the risks posed by space debris to satellites.
- Obtain hands-on experience in the development and upgrading of complex ground systems for space applications
- Work in a very dynamic environment surrounded by highly skilled and motivated engineers.
- Participate in daily satellite operations, ranging from the triggering of collision warnings to analysis of possible collision-avoiding maneuvers.
- Academic degree: Vocational training or degree in IT engineering or the like.
- Level of English: Intermediate
- Technical knowledge:
- HW and network administration
- Virtualizations technologies
- Software development