Experience: 3-5 years
This vacancy is for a Junior Aerospace Engineer (or equivalent) working in GMV’s Toulouse offices in the development of ground infrastructure for CNES (French Space Agency), for Flight Dynamics or Space Surveillance projects.
Among other functions, the candidate will be in charge of:
- Analyzing and solving functional/algorithmic problems in applications of the fight dynamics and space debris domains (orbit propagation, maneuvers computation, orbit determination, re-entry analysis, conjunctions computation…)
- Providing the client with first-level support.
- Designing, developing and validating new functions in already existing or in new applications of the abovementioned domains to match the client’s needs.
- Updating or creating the technical documentation (user manual, design document, validation report…)
The candidate will be part of a Project team, reporting directly to the Project manager. The candidate will be part of the Flight Dynamics and Operations Business Unit, in the Institutional Projects Division.
- Academic degree: MSc. in Aerospace Engineering (or equivalent)
- Level of English: Upper Intermediate
- Technical knowledge:
- Space Mechanics
- Applied mathematics and physics
- Algorithms analysis and development
- Fortran 90/95
- Desirable knowledge:
- Operational Flight Dynamics
- SW Engineering