Space projects DevOps Engineer
Experience: 1-2 years
City: Madrid - Tres Cantos
We are looking for a DevOps engineer to play a key role in the Satellite-Navigation Systems Algorithm team, helping to provide services through a platform of magicGNSS products (https://magicgnss.gmv.com/) to various space projects for the European Space Agency (ESA) and the European Global Navigation Satellite System Agency (GSA).
The successful candidate will work proactively within the GAP Division team (Satellite Navigation Services, Products and Algorithms) to develop and run GNSS infrastructure for various client services. The candidate we are looking for has to be a self-starter keen to work dynamically on problem solving and committed to offering our worldwide space clients the best possible products.
- Deployment and maintenance of flexible, secure and efficient platforms to comply with applicable Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
- Definition and implementation on working environments in line with Agile (Scrum) and DevOps principles.
- Automation of deployment, monitoring, management and incident response.
- Continuous integration.
- Monitoring of stability and performance, following up problem-solving procedures.
- Scaling infrastructure to meet service increase demands.
- Management of functional requirements, working hand in hand with the engineering, product and service teams and others.
- Collaboration with developers for phasing in new functions and services.
- Development and improvement of operational procedures and practices.
- Monitoring and complying with security standards like ISO, SOX, SSAE16, etc.
- Qualification: IT engineering graduate or the like
- Level of English: Upper intermediate
- Technical knowledge:
- Deployment automation systems (Kubernetes, Docker Swarm,…)
- Git Server (Gitlab, Github, Gitea, BitBucket …)
- Continuous integration platforms (Gitlab, Jenkins, TeamCity, CircleCI,…)
- Continuous deployment and configuration management platforms (Gitlab, Puppet, Chef, Ansible,…)
- Continuous integration and deployment software (Maven, Jenkins…)
- Cloud services (Google Cloud Platform, AWS, Azure)
- Automation tools for code quality control and testing
- Desirable knowledge:
- Satellite navigation systems (Galileo, GPS…)
- ElasticSearch, LogStash, Kibana
- Message Broker (Kafka, RabbitMQ…)
- Time Series database (Prometheus, InfluxDB)