Ofertes de Treball
Flight Dynamics Engineer
Experiència: Menys d'1 any
The successful candidate will be located in Rockville MD and will be part of a geographically distributed team providing support to the Flight Dynamics System (FDS) and Space Surveillance and Tracking (SST) projects worldwide. He/she will be involved in the design, development, validation, acceptance and support phases for different projects. These projects include Operational Flights Dynamics Systems for GEO/LEO/MEO satellites and constellations, and different Space Surveillance and Tracking projects covering space debris catalogue maintenance, collision assessment and operations support.
Duties and responsibilities
- Analysis of technical documentation describing the mission requirements and concept of operations.
- Design, develop, validate and integrate new features within existing FDS & SST products.
- Participate in all project/product development lifecycle phases including gathering requirements, software design, development, testing, implementation, and maintenance.
- Support project milestones, project reviews with customers and customer support activities.
- System deployment and test automation.
- Analysis, correction and validation of reported anomalies.
- Coordination with technical team within GMV and with client and satellite Operators.
GMV is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or disability status.
GMV will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish Information.
- Academic degree: Msc. Aerospace, Maths or Physics
- Level of English: Advanced
- Technical knowledge:
- Experience in astrodynamics, numerical analysis, statistics, and estimation theory.
- Competence in oral and written communications.
- Working knowledge of Linux/Unix, Windows and Ms Office.
- Programming skills in both scripted (Tcl/Tk, Perl or Python) and compiled (C, C++, Fortran or JAVA) languages.
- US Citizenship or Permanent Resident as position requires access to export-restricted material (ITAR/EAR).
- Desirable knowledge:
- Knowledge of satellite ground segment and operations
- Knowledge of space debris Environment
- Knowledge of software engineering principle (design, testing)
- Knowledge of configuration management (SVN/Git), databases (RDBMS and Non-RDBMS) and continuous integration (CI).
- Knowledge of web development.
- Working knowledge of Spanish.