Flight Dynamics Systems
Flight dynamics systems provide the necessary means to determine both the position and the orientation of satellites and space systems and also enable the planning and execution of required maneuvers. As a result, these systems are essential to ensure the perfect reception of satellite communications or the attainment of goals in any mission, whether scientific, exploration or of any other nature.
GMV is a global leader in supplying flight dynamics systems to institutional and commercial customers. Flight dynamics systems provided by GMV support different mission types, such as scientific, earth observation, telecommunications, orbital transport and infrastructure, navigation, space exploration and military missions.
In response to the needs of different customers and mission types, GMV provides either turnkey systems developed according to specifications furnished by our customers with specific needs, systems based on ESA orbital dynamics infrastructure, or systems based on the adaptation of focusSuite products, our line of COTS flight dynamics multisatellite and multimission products for the satellite operations support in all kinds of missions and phase levels.
The focusSuite product line includes outstanding products such as focusGEO for GEO satellite support; focusLEO for LEO satellite support; focusCn for satellite constellation support; and focusLEOP for LEOP-phase satellite support. Our solutions are 100% flight-tested.
As an independent supplier, GMV is able to provide the best solution for its customers. Our extensive experience, the knowledge about the different satellite platforms acquired throughout the years, and our close relationship with major satellite manufacturers in the international arena (Astrium, Alcatel Alenia Space, Boeing Satellite Systems, Lockheed Martin, Space Systems Loral, Orbital Sciences Corporation, and NPO PM) enable us to tailor our systems to the needs of our customers and provide optimum solutions to satellite operators, while ensuring data confidentiality for satellite manufacturers.
Apart from the general services provided for the entire lifecycle of the systems we deliver, GMV provides specific flight dynamics services including:
- Maneuver Analysis and Support
- Strategy Design and Support for Station Placement and Maintenance
Our product offer in the area of flight dynamics includes:
- focusSuite: Flight dynamics generic product infrastructure
- autofocus: focusSuite component, providing full flight dynamics automation using adapted operating procedures
- focusCloseAp: focusSuite component for close approach evaluation and collision avoidance
- focusCn: Satellite constellation multimission multisatellite operating flight dynamics system included in the focusSuite product line
- focusGEO: GEO satellite multimission multisatellite operating flight dynamics system included in the focusSuite product line
- focusLEO: LEO satellite multimission multisatellite operating flight dynamics system included in the focusSuite product line
- focusLEOP: Multimission multisatellite flight dynamics system for LEOP support to geostationary transfer orbit included in the focusSuite product line
- visualfocus: 2D/3D visualization engine for satellite operations
Jesús Serrano, GMV’s CEO, attended the presentation of the Spain-promotion video produced each...
GMV has decided to back the project of PLD Space and take a stake in this young space company. GMV will...
The future of the autonomous driving is “made-in-Europe”. The European Agency for the global...