Transporte Integrated Passenger Information
- INFO-pass provides the passenger with: text information on LED displays located throughout the train (front, side and interior displays), video information on monitors placed in each coach, and audio information on the Public Address system of the unit.
- INFO-pass can be easily upgraded to include Video Entertainment functions just adding an optional Digital Video Server. Thanks to its modular architecture, it is possible to acquire the complete Information System or any combination of the different subsystems (P.I.S., V.I. or V.E.).
- INFO-pass is based on a full digital architecture. The system is distributed over an Ethernet backbone along the train. All available information is digitally exchanged between coaches
- This architecture provides high scalability in the design of the system and easier maintainability during its life-cycle
- A CPU-based module installed in each coach provides full peripheral control and information processing capabilities. This DVT module controls all the displays present in each coach, and reproduces video contents through the monitors. This module can also provide connectivity to the PA system of the train
- A Location & Communications module provides GPS-based train location and multimedia wireless communication with a desktop application to perform remote downloading of contents and online transmission of information. An external 3-band antenna is used for that purpose.
- In both cabins, the driver is provided with HMIs to control and monitor system performance.
- By means of its high sensitivity GPS receiver, INFO-pass performs automatic arrival detection for every station on the line. Positioning can be complemented with a train odometer.
- Current- and next-station information is shown on on-board displays, and/or on-board monitors. The related audio speech is simultaneously broadcast through the train’s PA system .
- Additional information related to the station and line, such as connections with another means of transport, details for the disabled as well as any other particular feature, is also provided.
- Text, video and audio contents can be programmed to be reproduced during the service. A desktop application is used to define the schedule.
- The contents and schedule can be remotely downloaded to the train by means of a wifi interface.
- Multimedia contents can also be played on an event-based basis. Points-of-Interest can be defined to reproduce the selected contents when entering or exiting the area.
- Its HSDPA modem permits online content transmission and reproduction during the service.
- Adding an optional Video Server, Video-Entertainment contents can be broadcast on the on-board monitors.
- V.E. contents will coexist with the passenger information related to the service.
On 11 November Sara Gutiérrez, manager of the automotive business unit of GMV Intelligent Transportation...
Galicia is a Spanish region with a huge public-transport demand. There are 143 scheduled transport services...
GMV has come out the winner in a public tender held by Cyprus’s Ministry of Communications and...