nusar Key Features
nusar runs on a laptop and it can be connected to a (wideband or narrowband) front end and antenna.
nusar can also provide a set of Application Program Interfaces (APIs) that ease up the implementation of the algorithms and the creation of inspection points.
nusar is able to process the following GNSS Open Service signals in the E1-L1 band:
- GPS L1 C/A and Galileo BOC(1,1) in real time
- Galileo CBOC(6,1,1/11) with good performances
- Both data and pilot channels for Galileo
nusar provides a powerful environment to design and evaluate the performance of state-of-the-art algorithms for processing the incoming signals due to its high extent of configurability, without the limitation of the slow speed of the legacy GNSS software solutions. It outputs code delay, carrier phase and Doppler measurements for all open service signals, as well as CN0, lock time and correlators information.
nusar supports three modes of operation:
- Online: Real-time processing of data received directly from the front-end and antenna components;
- Offline: Off-line processing of data stored in a data repository;
- Data Acquisition: Data collection and recording for later processing in offline mode.
nusar provides the environment to support the design, dimensioning, benchmarking and validation of new algorithms with very low cost, through simple API definitions and channel configurations.