magicIFP Service Description
magicIFP is a web application that allows the user to follow the ICAO guidelines for:
- Ground validation of an LPV approach, generating a report with a detailed description of the data consistency, PANS-OPS and ARINC 424 checks performed on the LPV approach defined by the user.
- Ground validation of an LPV approach, generating a report with the flyability checks (e.g. descent and climb gradients, altitude and speed constraints, RNP and FSD limits) calculated for the scenarios (aircraft category and model; initial weight, altitude and airspeed; temperature and wind conditions) defined by the user.
- Flight validation of an LPV approach, by processing the data recorded in a flight trial, generating a report describing the outcome of the performed analysis (e.g. path repeatability, flight technical error, navigation system performances, flight statistics).
Please notice that to carry out a flight trial / in-flight assessment you may:
- Use a an aircraft equipped with GPS avionics and a GNSS data recording device, or
- Install in your aircraft a GMV’s magicLPV product to actually enable the pilot to taste the flavour of flying an LPV approach with a RTCA MOPS compliant equipment, receiving in real time the SBAS messages broadcasted by a GMV’s magicSBAS operational test-bed configured to serve your country.