magicIFP main features
magicIFP main features are:
- Developed in accordance with the most recent ICAO recommendations and requirements for LPV approaches (e.g. APV SBAS and SBAS CAT I).
- User defines the Instrument Approach Procedure (IAP) to be assessed (including the FAS data block).
- Aircraft desired path is calculated on the basis of the ARINC 424 path terminators used in the IAP design, the ICAO PANS-OPS design rules and the RTCA requirements applicable to SBAS avionics.
- Ground validation and flight validation reports, describing all the checks performed to validate the ICAO recommendations and requirements, are generated automatically.
- Ground validation and flight validation KML files are generated also automatically to let the user analyse other relevant issues (e.g. terrain, airspace).
Specific magicIFP features for ground validation are:
- User defines the flyability scenarios in terms of aircraft category and model, initial aircraft state (weight, IAF, altitude, IAS) and atmospheric conditions (ISA temperature deviation, tail wind).
Specific magicIFP features for flight validation are:
- User uploads a RINEX GPS L1 L2 file recorded during a flight trial.
- User may upload the SBAS messages recorded during the flight trial, or let the tool automatically download them from an operational SBAS repository.
- Actual trajectory flown by the aircraft is determined automatically with centimetre accuracy.
Specific magicIFP features for in-flight assessment are:
- User selects the world region for which SBAS messages are continuously generated by our high fidelity SBAS operational test-bed, namely: East Europe and North Africa; Caribbean, Central and South America, South Africa; and Australia and New Zealand (other regions can be defined on user’s request).
- Navigation solution used (or required) by the aircraft during the flight trial is computed using the GPS data recorded in flight and the generated SBAS messages.