focussuite focuscloseap product: Collision Risk Assessment Tool
focuscloseap automatically downloads NORAD two-line element information from the Internet, and in combination with focussuite generates orbit and maneuver data for a selected set of satellites, several levels of close approach warnings are computed. Progressively more detailed information and plots are produced as the approach becomes more of a concern. The advanced scheduling features of focuscloseap enables all processing to be performed both automatically and regularly with minimal user interaction and the users are notified of the program result.
- Using orbital information, close approaches between the satellite and third-party objects are detected.
- If a close conjunction is detected, collision avoidance maneuvers can be computed
- Support for large fleets of satellites is available with integrated input forms and reports as well as optimized computations
Orbital information obtained from:
- Target satellite: Operational orbit.
- Third-party objects: TLEs downloaded from Internet, propagated with SGP + proprietary algorithm to increase accuracy.
- Catalog filtering is a CPU-intensive task (thousands of objects to be considered and propagated).
- focuscloseap applies firstly the classical apogee-perigee filter, the most efficient one
- A smart-sieve is secondly applied to filter out all other remaining object that cannot yield a close conjunction in the time of analysis
- Accurate root finder is used to compute the exact time of closest approach